3/14/10

Note Books to Help You Stay Organized and Make You Smile!



Wow...it has been a while since I've posted anything to my blog, eh? I've been working on some scrap books for family and one for a friend who recently deployed to Afghanistan. I have done a few other projects as well....here's my latest.

My friend Dawn, who I admire so much taught me how to alter spiral notebooks quite some time ago. These are one of my favorite projects to do. This past month has been pretty up and down at my house, but I did manage to get a few things done. This snappy little number was created with a stamp called "Maid For WTG" from MFT. I used coordinating papers by K Marcella called Victoria. The actual colors were done with copic pens. I absolutely LOVE those pens! I like how the greens and blues blend to make this a cool little treat to make a girls' day. You know "Life is Good" when your man runs the vacuum while you are sipping your favorite vino. I topped the spiral off with a green & white ribbon scrap that I had in my scrap bundle.


The red and blue note pad is with the same stamp set from MFT.
I just chose another caption for this one. We all know house work can make us hot depending on how much there is to do.

I borrowed from my mom's paper pad for this one. "Complete Boy" by My Mind's Eye. This paper stack has so much to choose from and most of it is not really gender specific. I just used different Copic Pens to add the color to the stamp and voila!






3 comments:

  1. LOVE those books. They are too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love their clean graphic look ! I've always had the problem of not being able to get my paper up to the edge of the spiral binding. So there's always a gap where the old pattern shows through. How do you do it ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine taught me to gently unwind the spiral. Just straighten out the end and you can roll it right off. Then I attach my paper to the cover with scor tape, punch through with a Crop A Dile or other small punch and voila...you can also replace the covers if you like once the pad is used up.

    These were some of the first note pads I created. Thanks for your post, Sandy Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!