11/29/10

Vintage Santa Gift Card Holders


Following the lead of my friend Dawn...I decided to try my hand at gift card holders for the upcoming craft show. Thanks for letting me learn from you, Dawney! You can see her work over at Jade Mingmei Designs.






These are really fun and make that gift card feel extra special. They are blank inside and there is room for a nice little note.

This patterened paper is by K & Co. I picked it up this weekend at one of the "black Friday" sales...this one happened to be at Michael's. I have to give Big Joe a huge kudos for hanging out with me while I walked around in a turkey induced fog...eyes glazed over...looking at paper and embelishments. But...but...they were having such a good sale, right?!

I also hate to admit that I bought this whole pad mainly because I love this Santa...he's just adorable. I always tend to end up back toward the vintage/country look with my papercrafts. I'm fairly inexperienced at crafting, but I have heard that you should stay true to *you* and you'll be less frustrated. I like to step out of the box as long as I can sneak back into my comfy ways!

The red card stock is from MFT. It's called 'Wild Cherry'. I will be placing an order really soon for more solid cardstock. You'll also see that tiny bit of Kraft card stock that seems to be EVERYWHERE lately. If you have a favorite, I'd love to know what it is.

I picked up the cute gingham from our local store. It's a light beige and goes well with the vintage look of the santas. {{The same store who happens to be the location of the craft show this weekend. Scrap 'N Oasis.}}



It's almost daylight...time to get my second cup of coffee and get busy.


Have a wonderful day today...


1 comment:

  1. Nice work, Donna. Also, a good point you made about staying true to you in your art. I have found being true to my style makes me happy. I look at my fellow-crocheters' work at the events I attend and often we become friends becase we usually end up doing a lot of the same shows throughout the year. After getting to know these ladies I can definitley see their distinct personalities in their work....and I love it! Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!