1/22/11

The Little People in my Life

Once again we are invaded by freezing temps and icky weather in Eastern, NC.  I am not complaining all that loudly because it's a great time to stay inside, stay warm,  cozy and finish up a few things for the "Little People" in my life.

Most of you who know me, know that I have 3 younger siblings.  My youngest sister and brother have "Little" people, which for me means 8 & under.  I've always loved sending small packages to family and friends who are far away.  (Being a military family we've always had family who lived in other states.) My three children always LOVED getting mail and packages...who doesn't, right?!

So...to keep a long post.... not so long I wanted to just pop up these photos of the card (one of several) and treats I am sending out this year.


I was inspired by my dear friend Dawn as I often am.  She's over at Jade Mingmei Designs if you get a chance hop on over there and say hi.  She posted some 4x4 notes and mentioned that she had never created those before.  I thought, how fun....so...here is my first 4x4 card.  It is a mish/mosh of supplies.  Kraft cardstock, with red bazzil to accent the MJ - I {heart} You paper.  It's from Dream Street Papers and oh so cute for Valentine's Day.  The back side has very pretty paisley print too that could be used any time.  I used some scrap ribbon and the red button for "flair" is from Basic Grey.  The little LOVE that you see across the bottom is a mini clear set from Kaiser Craft called "With Love".  Last but not least is the little squirrel on the top with the google eyes.  K & Co assorted pack.  I thought the silly eyes were perfect for a younger person's card.  I added some "diamond" Stickles to her and there you have it! Fun stuff...





The treats are actually just small Pepperidge Farms bags of goldfish goodies.  I made the top by cutting a 3 x 4 piece of cardstock.  I stamped the puppy and Happy Valentine's Day, added some colored card stock to make it stand out and viola!  Same for the Bee Happy.  Definitely not my idea, but fun either way and the kids are going to love it.

That's it for now...time to get back to work.  Stay warm and enjoy your weekend!

~donnaK

2 comments:

  1. I think your creations are just lovely! How can you not adore that little doggy with the floppy ears?! The kids are going to LOVE these goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stuff is soooo cute. Those "little people" sure are lucky to have you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!