4/21/11

All things Beautiful

I'm not quite sure what it is about butterflies that make them so absolutely beautiful...they just are.  Graceful, quiet, lovely, they just float through the air and give us something to enjoy.  I did some yard work this week and stopped several times to watch the butterflies (and bees) hovering around the azaleas in the yard.    In the midst of yard work, thoughts of a crazy weekend of bad weather and wreckage from tornados that struck Eastern, NC.   I felt so lucky that I was able to enjoy the peaceful, calm, serenity of butterflies.


This journal is altered with Tim Holtz paper, stamps, ink and hardware.  Notice the "T" for Thoughts Token hanging from the sentiment?  Love it...   I used rhinestones and the butterfly pendant from Recollections for depth.  Ribbon is a satin beige color on top of the scalloped layers of black and blue papers.   On the edge of the book I added a grommet and ribbon for easy opening.  


The die set I used to cut the sentiment is a spellbinders set called Labels Eight.  

Thank you for joining me today. 
~Donna K


3 comments:

  1. Its beautiful!!! It makes me want to write down and my deepest secrets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely, Donna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you RaSonda! I might need to add more pages for you to write all those secrets down, though!!

    And Cath..thank YOU. Those compliments mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!