4/16/11

Enjoy the Ride




I'm sure that there are a lot of you out there who will come across my blog and not know that we love cycling in my family.  Well...we do.  Our next "big ride" is the Tour De Pickle in Mount Olive, NC coming up at the end of the month.  Yes...they make pickles in Mount Olive!  




Whether it be bicycle or motorcycle, we just love to ride.  My husband is an avid cyclist.  He has the higher end bike  (not top of the line, mind you) ...this is just my opinion.  *as if you couldn't tell*  All this is leading up to me saying that...the bike you see on this journal and cards would be more likely what you might see me tooling around on.  I just loved this paper (jillibean soup) when I saw it.  Actually,  my friend Dwayne pointed it out to me at Archiver's in Raleigh and I just had to have it!  





I've been trying my hand at altering these journals and so far they are not my "thang" but I enjoy giving anything a try.  This is what I came up with.    The stamp is a set from PTI and it's called  Every Day Button Bits.  I added the buttons, hand stitching them to the paper to keep from falling off.  The bicycle is all slicked up with Diamond Glaze to add that extra shine.  




I'm off to Raleigh to visit friends for the rest of the weekend.  I hope your weekend is grand.  If you have a bike, hop on and go for a ride.  You're sure to smile, there's nothing like it!  Enjoy the ride...


DonnaK

1 comment:

  1. Donnak....this notebook and bike stamp make me SMILE! I think your notebook turned out awesome ;) Before you know it, making these notebooks will be your "thang"! Happy riding!

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!