5/16/11

Keeping Calm

I have been seeing the phrase Keep Calm and Carry On  EVERYWHERE lately.  It all started for me when my creative partner in crime purchased a stamp that said...  "Keep Calm and Carry On" one day when we were out shopping.  From there it led to a composition journal that she created. That then became topic of conversation at the craft show when Carol was explaining the meaning of the saying.  I looked it up for myself on Wikipidia and you can read more about it by clicking HERE.  





The more I see it, the more I like it and just so happened that I picked up one of the stamps myself with a little urging from you know who....

Last week we were on vacation with family and I've been itching to get into my studio to make something new and late last night I came up with this little spiral note pad.

The paper is My Mind's Eye and goes perfectly with the stamp, don't you think?  I added the Key {K & Company} and the beige ribbon and there you have it.  The ink is Stampin Up Chocolate Chip ink spot.  

I wanted to give some of the history of the saying and when I was looking for the link, don't you know I was a tad bit surprised to see that the poster they had on the site was also red?  Cool, huh?!





Thanks once again, Dawn for being an inspiration.  AND the beautiful paper that was used to create this project.

Enjoy your day today.  I'm back to the studio to clean up and try to get some photos for the next post.

When things seem tough...just remember...Keep Calm and Carry On!


~DonnaK

2 comments:

  1. love love love the journal/notebook with the ribbon and key. Gorgeous colors and beautifully put together. Plus what a great quote!!! God knows I need one... hint ... hint... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely a favorite notebook! Donna everything goes so well here...I love that added touch with the key...it's PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!