5/17/11

Little Things Mean a Lot {{ Photo Heavy }}





Recently I had the opportunity to do some moving around at my house.  With the help of my awesome daughter, we emptied out the guest room and put on a fresh coat of paint.  And more paint over the boo boos we made...and more paint...did I say more paint?   It was quite an adventure.  Lucky for me I have a patient hubby who has a great reach and a steady hand to touch up all the ceiling areas that needed some attention.

This studio space is small, but it means a lot to me.  I often browse sites and admire and sometimes envy the spaces I see.  It's all ok in the long run though, because I have a quiet, cheery, homey little place to put my ideas into motion.  I had all of my "stuff" in the dining room for 2 years so this is a big deal at my house.

Thanks for stopping by today and for listening to me go on about my "space"...here's a peek at the before, during and after.

My inspiration...  BEACH.  I've had a photo of the Pier that my son Joey took a few years ago on my profile since day one and that picture will soon be added to my studio/guest room.  Anyone who knows me knows how much I enjoy living on the coast and spending time at the beach.  It only makes sense that I'd have a bit of the beach in my creative space.







My Color is LIMEADE.
The photos I took do not do it justice.  I have always said, I love taking pictures, but I need to take a class because I am just not all that good at it.








Before:  The room at the time of moving in back in 2006.  EEKS!  Yes, that is some sort of crazy primer orange on the trim.  I will be nice...but I can't imagine what the previous owners were thinking with their color choices....












Of course I can't find the pictures I had of the room after it was painted and made into just the guest room. Drat...However, you can see the color we had up most recently before the limeade.Especially in contrast with the current color.  See...way up there in the corner?  It's called Almond Oil.










I just LOVE the shelf.  It holds all my clear stamps and lots of other goodies in the baskets.  I put them together according to manufacturer so they would be easier to find.  The ones on the bottom have been put into CD cases for easy storage.  I snagged these baskets at Michael's a few weeks ago on sale....and got to use a coupon too!  Gotta love Mikes  sometimes.


I have made the "guest room" dresser into storage for my tins, wooden pieces and all the other goodies that I collect.  I always say to myself...."Oh wow, how cool would that be? I better get several!"
Tins and alterables and stuff...OH MY!


The Closet






 I added the wire shelving in the closet for more organization.  I have my note pads, mailing materials and even my photos in there.  The bottom has two carts that were intended to be kitchen microwave carts which ended up being perfect for my cricut and cuttlebug.  There's plenty of storage for paper on the bottom..
IKEA...LOVE THIS UNIT.  Perfect for keeping my punches and so much more.  It's also on wheels so I can move it fairly easy if I need to.  It is quite heavy and very sturdy.  





Wooden Stamps


Punches & Metal Embellishments



Wall Art...This frame holds some very special treasures.  I love it...Pier One if you're curious.  They also come in white.  
My little TV...yes, it's old, that's ok, so am I!  




Where I sit...I can't believe it's this clean.  Not for long!



Ink and Copics
Ribbons and Magazines


1 comment:

  1. oh wow everything has it's place and looks so super organized. wish i could fly you over to help me get my craft space into shape . . .

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!