6/22/11

Art by Accident...sure why not?!












It all happened last week when my sweet pal Dawn and her girls came to New Bern to have a girls day out with myself and Addison {{who happens to be my niece who is visiting from Indiana.}}  These three particular girlies hadn't met before so we weren't quite sure how it would go, but had a feeling they might hit it off since they are close to the same age.  Hit it off they did...a few hours playing at the pool then off we went to down town New Bern.  There we stopped for Ice Cream at the *WORLD Famous, my words not theirs* Cow Cafe...YUM!  We went all crazy and had desert before dinner!  You'll notice everyone is saying...moooooooo instead of cheese in this pic.  My idea, lame...I know.  



On to Accidental Artist we headed,  but not before stopping to hug a few of the town bears first.  Accidental Artist is a very family friendly place full of ideas...you can even have a birthday party there.  Mine is coming up in August so I'm thinking...hmm...maybeeee...nah just teasin' but it is super cute in there.  No, I'm not getting paid for this endorsement. 


These girls know how to strike a pose, don't they?








Addison wasted no time getting down to 

business with her brushes and glaze!






  I think I had as much fun as the littles that day.  Addison chose a fish and a peace sign.   She did a great job on them and has a little memento of her trip here to take home with her on Friday.  

















The three cut ups after we were finished....  






Now...here's what I created.  I felt like I was in 5th grade again in Mrs. McCoy's art class at Coloma Middle school.  I was proud as can be to hand this little number over to my daughter as a gift.  She loves pottery and interesting pieces so why not  share with her, right? 







I hope that my niece always remembers her first *big girl* trip to NC and the friends she has made as well as the fun she had.  I'm very thankful that I was able to spend this time with her.  
Making memories and enjoying your family & friends, that's what life is all about.  




4 comments:

  1. I LOVE downtown New Bern! I have been to the Accidental Artist - lots of fun. Oh and another reason I love downtown - I was married in the backyard of one of the historic homes and had my reception at the Chelsea! Such a cute little town!

    Melissa
    http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures and your pottery!!! Where can I buy one???

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE New Bern too, Melissa...no place I'd rather be. I bet your wedding was just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RaSonda...you are too much. I bet you could Talk Addy into selling you her fish...maybe? As for me, I'm stickin' to paper! Although I am kinda debating on making myself a set of dishes now...HAHA

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!