8/3/11

Just a thought or two...

This post has absolutely nothing to do with crafts....(or does it?)  The summer is flying by at such a speed I cannot keep up no matter what.  I haven't had the time that I normally would like to spend on creating.  Sometimes I get discouraged about it, just a tad.  After all it is my "hobby"...I say that with a giggle because my other "hobby" is buying crafting supplies!


I've been training for a big ride that is coming up in September.  The MS 150 in historic downtown New Bern is something that I have done for a few years now.  I am now up to riding 20- 25 miles 3-5 times a week.  WOW...I'm impressed with myself.  I feel stronger but not skinnier, how can that be?  Ugh....  


When I'm on my bicycle tooling around our quiet little neighborhood it gives me so much time to think.  About the list of to-do's that I have.  About crafting.   About my children.  About spiritual things.  I guess I've used this time to meditate and refresh my mind and my heart.  It has been nice....my goal is to keep up the cycling and use it as a way to keep my body healthy and my mind fresh.    






Yesterday, after my ride and lunch with my beautiful daughter...I took a little trip up to the pool.   PERFECT.    Today is a repeat of yesterday, minus the pool...but here's a cool pic I took on my phone.  


Today is a new day and I hope yours is beautiful.   ~DonnaK

1 comment:

  1. I am looking longingly at your pool chairs while I am at work. Sounds like you are making amazing progress on your riding.. keep it up!!!! It is an awesome thing you are doing. Hope you rake in the donations!!!! Keep us posted on your progress and be sure to keep using your "alone" time positively. Everyone needs that time to ponder.

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!