12/15/11

Altered Gifts

Ok...so, most of my friends and family know that I LOVE creating altered note pads. Composition note pads can be found at just about any department or office supply store and with a little imagination, some adhesive and pretty paper you will have the perfect gift for the person that loves to write.



Start out with a standard composition pad. Any size will work.

This one is from is from Office max and is usually under $2.00.


Choose your designer paper and card stock.  You'll need:

 2 pieces of paper cut 7" X 9 3/4". Be sure to measure your book and cut accordingly.
2 pieces cut 7 1/2" X 9 3/4" (if you want the inside lined)

Add adhesive around the edges ( I prefer scor tape or using the Scotch ATG with acid free tape)

Once the covers are in place you can distress the edges for a vintage look if you choose.

You can add stamped sentiments, metal embellishments, ribbons.....the options are endless.
{{The stamp set on this owl note pad is from papertreyink.}}


This is one that I created recently .......  because OWLS are so cool right now.  





Find this in my ETSY shop by clicking HERE!

Thanks for letting me share today.  Now I really MUST work on that Christmas list!

~Donna K

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this awesome tutorial!!! Cant wait to try and make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome! Still love seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!