12/1/11

Easy Peasy Yummy Sandwich Cookie Recipe



I thought I'd share this amazingly simple cookie recipe.  I make these every year at holiday time.  They always seem to be a favorite no matter who tries them.  


I picked up this recipe on the Taste Of Home website.



Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 sleeve (4 ounces) round butter-flavored crackers
  • 1 cup white, semisweet, or milk chocolate chips
  • 1 tablespoon shortening

Directions

  • Spread peanut butter on half of the crackers; top with 
  • remaining crackers to make sandwiches. Refrigerate.
  • In a double boiler over simmering water, melt 
  • chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until smooth. 
  • Dip sandwiches and place on waxed paper until chocolate hardens.
  •  

  • Yield: 9 servings. 


Warning....you will not be able to eat just ONE!

2 comments:

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!