I thought I'd share this amazingly simple cookie recipe. I make these every year at holiday time. They always seem to be a favorite no matter who tries them.
I picked up this recipe on the Taste Of Home website.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 sleeve (4 ounces) round butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup white, semisweet, or milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Spread peanut butter on half of the crackers; top with
- remaining crackers to make sandwiches. Refrigerate.
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt
- chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until smooth.
- Dip sandwiches and place on waxed paper until chocolate hardens.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Warning....you will not be able to eat just ONE!