5/14/12

Shut the Front Door

I think it's actually going to happen...and soon!



Our front door make-over has begun.  We have lived in our home for almost 6 years and the front door has been a source of frustration for me for quite some time.  I'm not sure why, but I get this anxious, overwhelming feeling when I think about starting this project.  




The Storm Door will Stay in place.  Our entry way is very dark so I prefer to keep the door open most of the time.  It's usually open first thing and doesn't close until bed time. 




Our door is wood, and heavy and very  VERY neutral.  I believe the color is actually called *putty*  and although I really do like the color.... it matches a "portion" of the trim on our home. You see, it's a portion because the people who "staged" our home when they got ready to sell only freshened up the front of the house, they left the back a different color! Who does that?  I don't even want to get started on that subject...back to the door.

So...my wish is for the door to become red.  It's a beautiful shade of red, it will get a new handle and the inside will be updated as well.  The trim will be the same color, but will actually be trim and not remnants that were put up as a quick fix by the previous owners and I just can't WAIT to see how it comes out.  



The inside is white and plain.......but not for long!

I have to give some credit to my youngest sister, RaSonda for helping motivate me to get this project going.  She has been working on her home projects like crazy recently and her blog is a HUGE inspiration for me.  You can see find her at Lake Cottage Dreams.  

Have a fabulous day today...

Donna K

See more of my inspiration for RED DOORS on my Pinterest page.  


Pin It



2 comments:

  1. Cannot WAIT to see the new door, it will be fabulous and fresh. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna!

    I can't wait to see this red, either! I love my door and I get lots of compliments on it. I wouldn't sand it first if I did something like that again, but since you have a wooden door, you probably wouldn't have to anyway (if that's the look you wanted).

    Thanks for coming by and I'll be checking in on you to see what you do! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!