6/28/12

Hot Fun in the Summer Time



When I was little...a LONG time ago, I Lurvedddd the 4th of July.
We had sparklers, picnics and the town next to the small town I grew up in always had a carnival and fireworks.  We went every single year that I can remember as a little girl and once when we were home on leave (my hubby and I grew up in the same town) we took our kids.




I will admit, sparklers were my favorite.

Sparklers and my next favorite were those kooky, wormy things that didn't really do a darn thing but wiggle around....lame....I know. 
So...when I was browsing the local dollar store I picked up a pack of 6 sparklers, yep...for a buck.



I made these cute little tags with a tag die and stamp set I purchased from MFT - Pure Innocence Line.  
Tied up two boxes with a pretty, patriotic ribbon and some baker's twine from the Twinery and viola!

She's cute, don't you think?

The little boy is actually a Stamp from MFT - Pure Innocence Ring Bearer.  I thought it would be ok to use him and just dress him in a red white and blue suit for the occasion. 

I think my nephew will be happy with him.




So...as you can see with this post, party favors can be simple and inexpensive.
Adding something as personal as a little tag makes it extra special.  

I hope you have fun memories of Independence Day.  
If not, maybe you can create some for the special people in your life.

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog today....stay tuned for a Guest Post coming soon!

~Donna K

Follow Me on Pinterest



1 comment:

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!