6/8/12

I {heart} My Dad

Did you realize that Father's Day is June 17th?  I did....and if you're reading this, now you know too!





I worked for Hallmark for several years and if you've ever worked in retail you know that we prepare for upcoming holidays MONTHS in advance.  As a card designer I try to stay ahead of the game, but that doesn't always happen.   This year I did pretty good with Father's Day.  
 I created a few cards, but this one is my favorite.

It was inspired by my dad who served in the Army and who I miss very much. 

 Also inspired by my son who is an active duty soldier.   (not a dad..... yet)  


I used my favorite card base, craft card stock.  Layered red and gold mat for the camouflage paper square.
Added a metal US ARMY embellishment.  Hand stamped the I {heart} my dad sentiment and added the pop up square with the hand punched heart.  Finished it off with a yellow bow.  Like all of my cards this one is also lined in white and it is blank inside, leaving room for your note to dad.  

Thanks for letting me share with you on this beautiful Friday morning!  

until next time...

DonnaK



1 comment:

  1. Super cute!!! Love the little emblem on the bottom corner. Perfect for military dads.

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!