7/3/12

Guest Blogger....The Crochet Lady

Hey Friends!

I'd like to introduce you to Lauren aka The Crochet Lady.  

A very talented and busy artist that I "met" via ETSY. 

Since then I've come to know her through Facebook and I also follow her on Pinterest.  
{{ She's a proud military wife like myself }}

I asked for a guest to post their art for me and she so kindly obliged.  
Take a look...Find her on 
Facebook or ETSY and let her know I sent you! 





The Crochet Lady


I opened my shop February 19, 2009 and then let it sit, for almost a year! The Crochet Lady sat there very patiently waiting for me to get the courage up and start posting some of my items for sale. Finally I took the leap and started posting. Many years ago I taught myself how to crochet from a book. As time passed and I got better with the crochet, I started to give away some of the items. People always said “you should sell your work!” My husband always called my crocheting “that knitty thing you do”. I looked at as my therapy. We are a military family. There have been numerous long deployments and the crochet was my therapy for me after the kids were in bed at night. I would stay up and work on the current project. Crochet is calming to me and I could concentrate on that and escape from the daily worry of deployment.So now my kids are growing into nice young adults and I have more free time to devote to my craft of crochet. I spend time looking for and researching for just the right pattern and quality threads. I enjoy crocheting and working on beautiful patterns. And this is how The Crochet Lady came to be! 










 Lauren didn't ask me to post these, but just I had to...


My favorite little Mary Janes..one day I will have these in my size.  

I'm way past "booties" but I adore them and must have them!

Thanks, Lauren, for sharing your talent...

Have a great day today and a safe and wonderful, July 4th!

~Donna K

http://www.etsy.com/listing/99889523/crocheted-mary-jane-shoes-booties-3-6

3 comments:

  1. Those booties are ADORABLE!!! She has some awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU Donna! This is just Fabulous just like You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought her Christmas ornaments! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!