7/15/12

July Card Swap - Get Well - Something Old, Something New


I'm fortunate enough to be part of a fun group of gals who get together once a month to create and enjoy new products from StampinUp!  Someone from the group hosts the party each month and this month you had the option of participating in a card swap.  Theme - Get Well.



The fun part about a doing swap is that you get challenged to create something you'd be proud to give away AND you receive some lovely cards that inspire your creativity and that you can have on hand to give if the occasion arises that you need a card real quick!  


For this swap I used craft card stock for the base of the card.
White paper to line the inside and for the the top of the outside as well.
Twitterpated Paper from StampinUp! on the bottom. 
I covered the bottom portion of designer paper with sheer vellum paper and stamped 
the Get Well sentiment with Staz on jet black.
The Get Well sentiment is included in the Perfectly Penned set.
Floral stamp is also from StampinUp! and is dated 2000.  I'd say retired most likely...ya think?
My sister in law picked up a box of goodies at a yard sale and this set was in it so I wanted to try something old and something new on these cards.  
I used Raspberry Ripple and Gumball Green ink and viola!  


For an added touch I try to stamp the envelope or lining of my cards with something coordinating.  You'll see the little leaf in the inside right corner of these cards.  

Thanks for stopping by and for letting me share.  I hope you have a group near by who inspires you and makes you laugh...if you don't have one, you should consider starting one!  

~Donna K





1 comment:

  1. Very elegant... perfect for a get well. Love the rich red color.

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!