1/30/13

Polka Dotted Bliss - Guest Post - Tutorial




Happy Wednesday, Friends!  

I'm so excited this morning.... today is a great day!   
  On a daily basis I come in contact with many lovely, creative, inspiring people.  
I've met some in person,  some *online* via my Created by Donna K Facebook page and some only through blogs that I follow.  These friends are part of my day and I feel fortunate to have found so many amazing people with creativity as the commonality.  They are part of what makes today ... and every day ... a GREAT day. 

Enough "about me" and on to today's post....


Polka Dotted BLISS



I'm happy to introduce the lady behind the scenes at My Polka Dotted Bliss.  

The lady I frequently "stalk" on Facebook at Polka Dotted Bliss.

The lady who operates this amazing ETSY shop chocked full of sweet paper goodness!  

AND.... it's her birthday... Happy Birthday, Kimberly!  

Thank you, Kimberly,  for sharing your love for creating wonderful memories with us. 
Be sure to pay her a visit... you'll be inspired, I promise. 








Easy Peasy Cardstock Scrapbook

I'm too excited the lovely Ms. DonnaK asked me to share with you on her blog today.  Just the other day, one of my scrappy friends on FB asked "What do you do with your cardstock scraps?" If you share my love affair with paper, you probably have a ton of leftovers that you are hoarding (I mean saving) or you might be throwing it away...well, have I got the project for you! Pull out those scraps, your sewing machine or needle and thread...today, we’re going to stitch a little scrapbook!

 

 
Stuff You need

- Cardstock scraps (In any size)
- Paper cutter
- Needle & Thread
- Paper Piercer
- Piercing Mat
- Sewing Machine (Optional)


1st, gather your scraps, they can be all be solid color but I like to add heavier patterned paper too.  Next, decide on the size of your book’s cover  If you want a 6 x 6  inch book like mine, trim your cardstock to 6 x 12 inches and fold in half.    Then gather the rest of your cardstock scraps, cut them into rectangles (different sizes work well!) and fold them in half. 




 
Stack your cardstock pieces up, careful to match up the folds.  Machine or hand-stitch the spine of your book to hold it all together.  If you're stitching by hand, that's where the paper piercer comes in...you will need to pierce your holes before you sew, because the layers of cardstock can be quite thick!  **And if you're stitching on cardstock for the first time, you will need a larger needle, like an embroidery needle.

Too easy, right?  Now, the fun part...add your scrapbook paper, photos and accents.  Here's one I made for my daughter's Colombian teaching assistant...how can she forget her stay with us in North Carolina with this little number...too cute, right?  As I mentioned earlier, go ahead and mix up the page sizes, I think it makes the book fun and funky!
 








 
With Valentine's Day coming, these also make great gifts...and a fabulous way to use up some of that cardstock stash!
 
Thanks DonnaK for letting me stop by, you're the best!  {{Hugs}}
 
--------
 
Warm Regards,
Kimberly


Follow Me on Pinterest

12 comments:

  1. That is TOO cute! I am not a big time scraper but I love paper and have a ton of leftovers that I cant seem to let go of. This is the perfect idea. Thanks for the awesome tut Kim and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rasonda, there's just something about the feel of paper, right?? Thank you for dropping by and checking out my tut, hope it helps you put a dent in your scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is Kimberly!!! I could honestly wallpaper my wall with it! HAHA!

      Delete
  3. such a wonderful idea Kimberly. I know the teacher enjoyed this precious gift you made for her! Your fabulous work shines thru, you would never know this is from scraps!!!!
    Paula Driver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, you are the best :) Glad to have you as my scrappy sistah!

      Delete
  4. What a fantastic project, Kimberly! I'm not a paper hoarder ( I mean saver), I am a yarn hoarder instead. Hey, we all have our weaknesses, right? Anyway, I love the look of these little scrap books and I have no doubt your daughter's teacher's assistant was absolutely blessed by your gift to her. I totally love the little album with the heart on the cover; that one has me inspired! Thanks for taking the time to post on Donna's blog, today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, thank you for taking the time to check out my tutorial...I'm glad I could share a little inspiration with you. I'm glad to read it's not just us paper lovers that hoard!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the sharing this awesome idea, Kimberly. I do have a "paper hoarder" problem even though I'm not a card maker or scrap booker. You have given me an idea to get those creative juices flowing! I will be adding Polka Dotted Bliss to my blog list. Happy Birthday to you, Kimberly!! Thanks Donna K for having Kimberly as your Guest Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, I would love to know how you use your paper stash! I look forward to exchanging more ideas with you :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks to everyone for taking time out to comment. It means a lot to me as I know it does to Kimberly! Today has indeed been a great day! I think I'll sneak back into my creative space and try my hand at paper piercing and stitching a book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this...you know that I am totally addicted to paper, and have tons of it...what an awesome idea to use up some of those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Karen! I know you have TONS and then some of paper so I'm excited to see your take on Kimberly's project!

      Delete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!