2/8/13

3 Girl Jam Challenge - 3 D Valentine



Hello,  Sunshines!

I love to browse the $ spot at Target.  I know I shouldn't, there {usually} isn't ONE single thing I need there, but it's just so cool... All that cutesy stuff that I just "have to have because I can do something with it" catches my eye every time.  

A few years ago I became obsessed with these little mail boxes.  They are so cute, hold so many different things, great for any occasion... on and on... and ON!  To make a long story short... I collected them.  17.. yes SEVENTEEN... of them ended up in my stash drawer!  This year I was determined to make a few as gifts. You know, my whole 2013 *use up what I have* challenge. 


Below you'll see how that plain little tin mail box ended up.  
I think it's super cute and I hope my sister enjoys it!  I know she will love the Lindor Chocolates inside. 



I've linked up my altered mail box to the 






The super talented group over at  3 Girl JAM are having a pretty sweet challenge going on right now.  So when you're done here, be sure to check them out for some really amazing 
Valentine Ribbon-y ideas!



Supplies you see:
Tin Mailbox = Target $ Spot
Designer Paper= K & Co
Paper Doily = Recolletions 
Felt Heart Embellie = K & Co
Baker'sTwine = The Twinery
All of the ribbons are actually remnants.  
{{You can find the crinkled ribbon like I used on this project at 3 Girl JAM in their shop.}}
  I really LOVE using crinkled ribbons ... on everything!

Thanks for stopping by today.  
I hope you've been inspired or challenged or BOTH. 
~Donna K

Follow Me on Pinterest






12 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS...thanks for joining 3 Girl JAM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project Donna, I love the fun colors and all of the gorgeous little details you added!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun mailbox! Great way to re-decorate it and make it pretty! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your darling mailbox! The embellishments are fabulous!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are SO sweet! I should know, I actually received one and I LOVE it. Its the perfect Valentines Day gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute and so fun. Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM.
    Cheri - 3GJ DT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable!! You did a fabulous job! Thanks for linking up with 3GJ!

    Julie
    http://3girljam.blogspot.com/
    http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this Donna!!! Such a fun altered mailbox!!!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at the 3GJ Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Donna on winning the 3GirlJam challenge with this project! I really is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!