2/20/13

Blessed Beyond Measure




Did you ever stop and think just how much beauty you can apply to a simple, inexpensive composition book?  You know what they are, right?  Those black and white booklets.... the kind you see at the beginning of every single school year?  

This project was my little labor of love applied to a composition book.  It has become a diary, journal...sketch pad or whatever your little heart desires.  



I lined the insides and back with coordinating 
"measuring tape" papers.

I added a front inner pocket and book mark tag. 




I linked up this project in the 

I LOVE crinkle ribbon and they had a killer sale last week so... when my order arrives I will be officially stocked up on 
3GJ ribbon in nearly every color!

Pop over there and see all of the amazing projects.  



Enjoy your day today!
~Donna K








6 comments:

  1. Donna, I love this! I've been thinking I need to do this same thing, but I know it would look 1/2 as good as this one. Glad you got in on the sale. Can't wait until my ribbon comes! Thanks for playing along on the 3 Girl Jam challenge!
    - Julie O DT member
    http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy altering composition books as well. I love how a little time and very little money can produce a wonderful gift. Yours is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for linking your card to the 3 Girl JAM "Anything Goes with Ribbon" challenge.
    Cheri - 3 Girl JAM DT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment Cheri! I've had so much fun with that challenge.

      Delete
  3. Donna, this is terrific! I, too, LOVE to alter composition books. I went to a local Best Buy about 6 months or so ago and stocked up because they were 10 cents each. The lady cashier looked at me dumbfounded, but, hey, what's a crafter to do, right? This is really remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great altered project!!! Thanks for joining in at 3 Girl Jam!

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!