2/21/13

Enjoy the Journey



Hello, friends!
Thanks for joining me this morning with my very first post as an official "Pinquette"






I chose to make a card for this particular "first post"occasion because.... 
I love to make cards and I LOVE to celebrate.  
"Enjoy the Journey" is the perfect sentiment for this occasion.  
This is a new journey for me and also a reminder to enjoy every minute.  


For this card I chose a 5 1/2" X 5 1/2" card base.  The base is corrugated and super chunky.
I layered, embossed, textured and placed my papers off center to give it a vintage feel. 



I love lots of embellishments on my cards when I'm feeling "vintage-y."  
Notice the gold and aqua stick pin to the left of the clock?  
My NEW FAVORITE embellishment...thank you very much Pinque Peacock!
{Find them ... Here }


I enjoy decorating the insides of my cards with coordinating papers.  It is totally not necessary but I find it a fun surprise for most people when they open the card and the inside is pretty as well.  
It also takes away from my shotty penmanship! 



Thank you for letting me share today.  

I hope you enjoy your journey as you get to know all of the new "Pinquettes"!

Be happy and Smile! 

~Donna K



♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
More EXCITING News...
Join us for our "Luck of the Irish Blog Hop"
February 22, 23 and 24 :)




5 comments:

  1. Congrats on joining the Pinque Peacock DT! Your first official card is OVER the top awesome!! Beautiful colors and stunning lo!!
    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments! I totally appreciate them all!!
    On another note~you should check out TAWS :) there are a bunch of freebie images
    http://thealleywaystamps.blogspot.com/p/freebies.html
    then of course all the adorable sets in the store
    Just alittle enabling here!
    Have a GREAT Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers...LOVE THIS CARD! You have such a keen talent for details. I adore the Peacock Feather and love all the colors you have brought together. WONDERFUL JOB!
    :o)
    Quirky Queen Peacock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment - I love your card. The papers are fabulous and that peacock feather is quite appropriate!!! TFS and I'm a new follower of your blog:-) Have a fabulous weekend.

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Karon! Hope your weekend is equally fabulous!

      Delete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!