3/13/13

A Birthday Gift with Flair



Hello, friends!
I've been looking forward to today's post for Pinque Peacock because 
I'm so excited to share this project with you! Thank you for joining me.


This is a gift I made for a little lady who turns 5 in April. 
I am placing first row emphasis on that amazing RED corduroy button from Pinque Peacock.  
I love it because, it's bright, it's big and it's corduroy!  
To dress up this muslin bag I tore 3 strips of color coordinating fabric and stitched through each strip with a piece of red & white baker's twine.  
I did the same thing with a piece of crinkle ribbon in red.    
Once I had the ruffles as I wanted them I stitched through again attaching it securely to the sack with more baker's twine.  The blue is also attached, but I just tied that one around in a bow to mix things up.
Those ribbons are not coming off, promise!


The inside has a small note pad for her to carry with for doodling or writing her "to do" lists.  
I altered the cover of that note pad with polka dots and a monogram, using more 
of the ribbons and twine as accents.  
So....  what do you think... will she love it?  I sure hope so.


Thanks for letting me share. Have a beautiful day today!
~Donna K


Supplies used in this project are as follows:

Crinkle Ribbon:  3 Girl Jam
Baker's Twine: Martha Stewart
Fabric: StampinUp
Paper: Recollections
Muslin Bag: 3 Girl Jam 
Stickers: Basic Grey





7 comments:

  1. So so cute Donna, I love those colors and patterns! Beautiful project my friend :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color combination! And that big red button is to die for. Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous....Ms.Talented.....I love it.....the colours, the ribbons, the button are truly beautiful...This is lovely....well-done....Donna...:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute bag and the little lady is going to just love it!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable tote! I bet she is going to squeal with delight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, not only are you a talented paper crafter and bartender but you also are a seamstress! This little gift bag is just too cute! I love that button!
    hugs!
    Teresa
    www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I know the "little lady" will love it to. So bright and cheery.
    (:(:smiles:):)

    Perky Peacock

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!