3/1/13

Trashy Treasure

Hello and happy Friday,  sweet friends!


Last weekend I rescued this amazing bottle from the recycling bin. 
My initial thought was to soak the bottle and remove the label. 
I figured, easy project ... 
Wrap it in a doily with a burlap bow and use it for a vase.  
Then my pretty bottle took a turn in another direction.

I'm quite tickled with her.


I added satin and crochet flower embellishments.
A Beaded Stick Pin and twine.
Crinkle Ribbon and a new tag with layers of paper & metal eyelets.

And ... my favorite part ...



That amazing cork!

My sweet mister attached the hardware so I could make a way to hang it from the bottle. I added some rhinestones and pearls to the cork and tied up a metallic key with the heart.
I used some distressed crinkle ribbon called "Antique White" from 3 Girl JAM to tie together the stamped, hand cut image. 
The heart image you see is  from the Unity Stamp Co.  set:  "We Treasure You" for the cork top and also put one on the back of the bottle label with the butterfly image, also from the Unity Stamp Co. Kit of the Month called {Heart & Soul}.



So... my trashy find has become a real treasure.  
A beautiful piece of shabby decor or way to store your favorite seashells or vintage buttons.  

Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a beautiful weekend.
~Donna K



Find this project linked up at:



Supplies:
Crinkle Ribbon:  3 Girl JAM
Ink: Tim Holtz [Antique Photo Distress Ink], Memento [Tuxedo Black] 
Satin Flowers:  Paula Driver from Scrap Your World
Beaded Stick Pin:  Ana Garcia
Stamps:  Unity Stamp Co.  [heart & butterfly] Stampin'Up [celebrate today]
Paper:  K & Co. 


20 comments:

  1. Buttons would be perfect in there! So cute... the cork is my favorite part too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! nothing like taking trash to treasure especially when you can even use it for storage of little items like buttons :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a find, Donna. Such a unique shape to this bottle and an even better cork. Beautiful embellishment for this newfound treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. what a great find! This bottle with all your stamping is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun project! I love the facelift you gave this bottle! Thanks for the inspiration. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooove what a great transformation!!
    Going to go find bottles now,lol.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a find! And better yet, what an artistic eye to see what it could become. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous bottle and love what you have done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your treasure is now beautiful Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you have reclaimed this bottle and made it so special! I must say how much I love your header, as it takes me to the OBX, my favorite place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by with such a lovely compliment, Mary Anne! We love OBX also.. the photo displayed was taken by my son right here on Atlantic Beach.

      Delete
  11. Love what you did with the bottle! So original :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, that is just a brilliant example of upcycling! I'll have to keep an eye on our recycling bin for whisky bottles now... :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! That is a fabulous project!! Best of all, it was recycled and made beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a great bottle, so glad you rescued it. Your project is awesome. !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous project Donna! I've added you to my blog roll so I won't any of your beautiful creations ;D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the shape of this bottle and the way you embellished it! All the details come together amazingly well, you have such a gifted eye and talented hands! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!