5/22/13

Recycled Beauty and a Celebration

Hey friends!!

I am here with one of the most fun and fast little projects I've done in a LONG time.  

But, before I tell you about this piece I wanted to share with you an amazing celebration at Down the Memory Lane blog.  You see... DTML is having a 1 year Blog Birthday celebration and the lovely and talented Nupur is featuring several artists over the next few days and I am next on her list.  
You should pop over there, check out her amazing give aways and see all the talent on display from ALL over the world.  

Now... for my project.
My friend Paula was so generous to host a craft day at her "cove" last weekend.  
My mom and I spent the day chit chatting and creating and Paula was so kind as to do a quick class on a recycled mini album. I was just so tickled with the finished project and I hope you are too.  


This is a 4 page mini album created using... are you ready??? 
Toilet paper rolls!
This may not be new to some of you crafty folks, but it was to me and I was so excited it as we assembled each element.  Who knew something like a toilet paper roll would end up so beautiful?

Each page has an opening and holds a special tag for you to write a memory, attach a photo or your mementos.


I think that it's the perfect size for your wallet size photos. I thought this would be a great way to display some photos of the military men in my family since Memorial Day is coming up. 



I hope you've enjoyed my project.  
Special thanks to Paula @ Scrap Your World for her patience and creative guidance.
You can see an example of one of her albums HERE.

Have a wonderful day and create something beautiful!!
~Donna K

Supplies for this project include:
Papers ::: Bazzill Cardstock, 
Cinch Binding System
Ink ::: Tim Holtz, Memento, StampinUP
Paints ::: We R Memory Keepers
Ribbons / Twines ::: Recollections, 3GirlJAM, Trendy Twine
Misc Embellies & Charm





6 comments:

  1. I have to say that I had so much fun with you and Sandra last weekend, and was so thrilled that you guys enjoyed the project's you put together! you did an awesome job on your piece, I love how you used the washi as little tags on the top of the pages. You picked beautiful paper and ribbon to accent it so lovely!! I am blessed to have gotten the opportunity to get to know you and Sandra, you guys have a special place in my heart! Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! Thank you for all of the sweet comments you leave me, I'm bad about commenting on blogs. I love your work too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Donna... Love, Love, Love :)
    ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the papers you used and the design!! Just fabulous!! Happy Wednesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!! totally didn't realise that's what you'd used to make this album!!! That's fantastic.... might be next on my list of makes!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Donna this is so pretty. I love the add charms, gems and the over all color. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!