6/16/13

Chalkboard Technique Card


Hello friends!
Just wanted to share another Sweet Stamps "challenge"project.
The challenge.... Chalkboard Technique and let me tell you... I LOVE this technique.
I think it's "vintage-y" and nostalgic and just plain pretty! 
You MUST give it a try and be sure to link up your card with this weeks' Sweet Stamps challenge!
I used a corrugated card base that is quite large at 5.5" X 5.5", but it provided me with lots of space to feature the lovely stamped Parisian Bouquet image.
I stamped the image using white craft ink.  I inked the stamp pretty heavily to be sure it looked "chalky" once it dried.  After it dried I used white colored pencils to draw around the distressed edges of the black paper to give it more of that chalk board feel.  Are you feeling it?!
I enjoy decorating the inside of my cards as well as the outside and it's a great way to use up some of those "extra" sheets of paper you may have floating around. 
I hope you enjoy my project as much as I enjoyed creating it. 

Thank you again to Stacey at Sweet Stamps and their lovely, talented crew for having me as guest designer this week!

~Donna K 

PS... you can pick up this lovely Parisian Bouquet stamp HERE.
and don't forget that sweet little gingham fabric covered button from Pinque Peacock

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! The chalkboard technique looks fabulous!! I love the design!! What a fabulous card!! Happy Sunday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Lisa, you always leave the sweetest comments! :-)

      Delete
  2. Donna, I LOVE this card - I am so inspired that I am buying that stamp - it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna well done this is so beautiful! I love that stamp!
    Crafty Hugs from another Sweetie
    Denise xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant with a hint of casual charm. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, so many wonderful elements. Nice job with the chalkboard technique. Great job on the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the corrugated paper and the designer papers you chose to go along with it - this card has a ton of appeal!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a beauty. I have been waiting to try this technique but have tried it yet. And I love the vintage look it has. Beautiful card & TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!