6/28/13

Jello makes it better

Hello and happy Friday, friends!!
I've been under the weather since returning from our Tennessee trip on Tuesday. 
I'll spare you the whining and just let you know that I've gotten myself a case of vertigo.
Today is better than yesterday, I'm only partially wobbly when I walk and as you can see I'm on the computer so you know it's not "all that bad" right?!
I shouldn't be on the computer...but I'm excited about the vintage girls on this card.
I found this old Jello cookbook {dated 1939} when visiting the Stevensville, Maryland area last fall.
I knew when I "had to have it" that it would make a darling card some day. 
Some day arrived last Friday when I was visiting some crafty gals in Wilson for a girls craft day.
I took the cover and sized it up, layers upon layers of card stock and embossed craft paper.
Wrapped her all up in Trendy Twine and a cute mesh ribbon.
Attached a button, inked up the edges just a teeny bit and there she is...
the perfect recipe!

I also added a page to the interior and stamped that as well.
The sentiment is what I call "girl power" and fits nicely with the goddesses on the front.


The final touch is the polka dot sack I used for the envelope, just fold 'er over 
and she's ready to give. 

Thanks for stopping by today.
I hope your weekend is FABULOUS and creative in some way.

~Donna K

SUPPLY LIST:
Inks ::: StampinUP, Tim Holtz
papers ::: StampinUP, Papertrey Ink
Twines ::: Trendy Twine, Recollections
Misc ::: Button, Mesh Ribbon


10 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!! I love the vintage image!! How creative to use an old cookbook!! What a great idea!! I'll have to search for them when I visit flea markets!! The envelope is fabulous, too!! I hope you are feeling much better soon. Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All better, Lisa!!! Thanks for your sweet comments... good luck on the cookbook hunt!!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this... its a perfect culmination of vintage, cheerfulness, and sass! Such an awesome idea. That yellow bakers twine is the perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you start feeling better soon. Your card is gorgeous, love the vintage image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for your sweet comments and visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you weren't feeling well hope you're feeling better now. I love your vintage card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brandi. I am much better thank goodness!! I appreciate you taking time to stop by and comment on my card, it definitely was a fun one.

      Delete
  6. A cute card. I just became a follower. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and following my blog. I'm on the mend and back in the card shop as of today!! Have a happy day today!!

      Delete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!