10/6/13

Hope

Happy Sunday!

I am always honored and excited about my day to post with Pinque Peacock and today is that day.  I'm a lover all all things Pinque, but Jessica's buttons and stick pins are my MOST favorite.  I use one or the other...or BOTH on many of my projects... I just can't get enough of 'em!


Today my project is a card/gift.  I added the little "pocket" on front of this blank card to hold a book mark with a beautiful, encouraging sentiment.
"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul." ~Dickinson

The stamp is by Verve called "Hope Perches" and the sentiment is perfect with the feather paper from Sassafras and that little charm by Paper Studio. Along with the Pinque goodies you'll find more of my favorite go to crinkle ribbon from 3 Girl JAM.  It's from the Coffee and Cream bundle and it's yummy and I love it.  I "pleated" the Latte ribbon to add that extra layer of fru fru on the front of the little pouch. You'll find the cream ribbon on the bow along with some Jute String from Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions too.
Here's a closer look at the pouch on front.  
I created an "envelope" with a glassine bag and a lovely ribbon along with a scrap of sassafras paper. If I have to mail a card like this I would send it inside a padded envelope to keep it safe, otherwise it goes in a little sack like this with a pretty ribbon.  

Thanks for stopping today, "hope" you enjoyed your visit!
~Donna K

I'm excited to be linking up to the following challenges:
Goodies used in this creation:
Ink-StampinUp, Tim Holtz
Stamps-Verve, HamptonArts
Papers-StampinUp, Sassafras, Recollections
Card Base-Recollections Corrugated
Metals-Paper Studio, Recollections
Ribbons/Twines/Lace-3GirlJAM, Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions, Recollections
Pearls & Sparklies-Recollections

11 comments:

  1. Donna, this is fantastic! I love all the elements on this! That feather charm is so fantastic -- it ties everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna this card is just beautiful!! The design and color choices rock!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna , this card is stunning ! Beautiful colors and embellishments ! Love everything !!!

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.BlogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, Elegant & A true Beauty!!! love it!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Anything with a Sentiment“ Linky Party.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Stunning. Creative. Sweet. No, not ONLY speaking of the card- all though it IS all those things...but also about YOU my friend! Wonderful card! Amazing little gift! HUGS!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Donna!!!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card! Love the pull out tag! Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Diva's! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Love the color scheme and the vintage look. What a creative gift tag/card project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful. I love the bookmark in the pocket. Amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear sweet Donna this card is stunning. I love everything about it. Great job friend. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!