1/9/14

I {heart} Linnie Blooms


Happy Thursday!!
Today is my first Design Team post for Linnie Blooms … yay me!
I was so excited with all of my Linnie Blooms treasures when they arrived I went a little canvas crazy!
I started out with the 9" X 11" canvas blank and an idea for a Love theme wall hanging.
I used spray color shine paint in peach, acrylics in greens, browns and white along with lots of metal embellishments and ribbons to create this keepsake.  
I painted and/or stamped on each Canvas Heart piece.
At the top of this piece I used metal eyelets to create a sturdy place to thread the ribbons for attaching a dowel and chain so that this piece can hang nicely for wall display.
******
On to project number two…
another Canvas Heart project.
I created this Valentine and used Gelatos for my first time to shade the canvas piece.
How FUN were they?? LOTS!  
I simply sectioned the piece, shaded it and added stickles for some shimmer in the center. 
There's a piece 3D adhesive to pop up the heart so it has plenty of dimension. 
***
Ok so..I just wanted to make oooonnnneeee more project.
I wanted to use the canvas owl, but somehow that owl …. 
with some orange acrylic paint turned onto her side and became a FISH.
 A feathery gold fish with shimmery gills and a pearly eye!
She will make a great valentine for someone special this year.  
I'm pretty tickled with how this sweet little CAS card turned out.  

Thank you for letting me go a little photo crazy in this post and for the opportunity to share my fun, canvas filled projects with you today. 

We'd love to have you join us for our January Sketch Challenge at Linnie Blooms.
You can easily find that sketch by clicking HERE.

'til next time...
~Donna K

Supply List:
Linnie Blooms : Hearts, Owl, 9X11 Canvas, Gelatos
Ribbons, Strings, Twines: 
Webster's Pages, 3GirlJAM, Trendy Twine{totally natural & Halloween Mini}, Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions, Martha Stewart
Metals, Buttons Stones & Pearls:
Tim Holtz, Recollections, Staples, BasicGrey, Recollections, StampinUp
Papers: StampinUp, 
Fabric Doily: PaperWingsProductions
Chevron Mask: Studio Calico via PapeWingsProductions{Aug Kit}
Stickles
Inks/Paints: TimHoltz, StampinUp, AppleBarrel, Heidi Swapp, Gelatos
Stamps: Hero Arts, Studio G, Stampabilities, 




12 comments:

  1. Super FAB projects Donna! LOVE all the colors and embellishing and great materials you used in all of them!
    Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are each so beautiful !! I love the colors of each one , so pretty and bright !!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I definitely had fun with these!

      Delete
  3. Your projects are all AMAZING !!!! But I DO love the heart card!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend!,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love mixed media. Would definitely like to see more of these wall hangings DonnaK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cass B! I hope to "expand" my horizons this year!

      Delete
  5. Hello donna and thank you for popping by my blog. I just adored your post today for LB. all your canvas work was super cool and yes the gelatos make it easy to blend! Totally love that you found a fish shape in the owl! creative girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh oh oh!!! I love them all. I'm glad you have some Gelatos... I want to play with them next time we get together!!! Wonderful projects girlfriend!!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your projects are amazing!! The fishie card is so sweet!! The heart card is fabulous!! And the canvas is gorgeous!! You did such an awesome job with it!! I love the colors and details!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa! I had loads of fun with these goodies.

      Delete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!