1/31/14

I like you a LOT [3GJ]

I'm writing this DT post  for 3GirlJAM today and there is a whopping 3" of snow on the ground at my house! 
{It's Wednesday now, but by the time this post is live it is supposed to be 50 degrees!}
That's a very big deal for Eastern, NC…tired of hearing about snow?  Me too…
So, I thought I'd bring you some warm florals accented with some fabulous elements today instead of snowmen or icicles!
I had warm and whimsical in mind with this card and by george,  I do believe I got it. I like the sentiment too… a lot! 
Layers and layers of flowers, buttons and flair all mixed in with some black and white faux stitching,  twine and some lovely 3GirlJAM ribbon and...here we go.  This piece is actually quite slender measuring 3.5" X 8.5" but I managed to get all of my pieces in there nicely.  
This card started out as a headache for me, but now I'm looking at it and quite pleased. 
I think you'll also be pleased to know that you can grab some flair like the chevron piece I used as my floral center AND the crinkle ribbon you see tied up in a double bow at 3GirlJAM, in the shop now. There are lots of new treasures and you can get a 10% discount as well when you use the code DB10 at the check out!  Sweet deal, eh?!
Thanks for letting me share today…
I'll list all of my supplies and challenges I'm entering for you below!
'til next time…
~Donna K

Challenges:

Supplies:
Stamps : Unity Stamp Company {2011 KOTM & Everything Love}
Papers : Papertrey Ink, StampinUp, Cosmo Cricet {Material Girl}
Twine : Trendy Twine {Halloween Mini}
Inks : Memento, Tim Holtz, Sharpie Pen


26 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Donna!!! I so wish I could see the flowers now but we are buried under about a foot of snow. Warmed up here to 30 yesterday and it was like a heat wave...LOL!!!
    Anyways awesome job my friend!!!
    Have a GREAT Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the big happy flowers, the colors, the ribbon, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this cheery burst of spring! Although we are in a heat wave today (looks like we'll be in the 30's today!!) I hear more snow and cold weather will be back in just a few days! Your pretty flowers (especially the one with that precious chevron center) were just what I needed on this Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful! Love all the colors and the use of mix techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Beautiful card, Donna!! I love the sweet cheerful flowers and the sentiment is perfect. I'm sure the card will bring a smile to the recipient. Fabulous job!! Keep warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this bright, happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really is warm and whimsical Miss Donna. Those flowers are so sweet the way you stamped and layered them. The card size is nice too. Just had to pop in and look at this project closer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Gaylynn, your comments are always so sweet!

      Delete
  8. Love this card Donna. Really like the stamped flowers layered on top of the premade ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this card is spectacular...really.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and so Spring like. I am tired of snow and winter. Bring on the spring weather anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning! I love the bright, citrusy color combo and all of that fabulous dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely stunning, Donna!! I love the beautiful design!! The flowers are just gorgeous!! I love, love this!! It does make me think of spring!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nicely done, Donna. I love the pops of color mixed with different textures and patterns. And it nice to change up the card dimensions once in awhile. Stay warm. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna, this is STUNNING!! Love the flower stamps incorporated with other flowers.. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Donna your card is stunning. I love everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful card! So much texture and warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is one gorgeous card! You did indeed achieve whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, what a beautiful card. love the bit of chevron flair

    ReplyDelete
  19. this card is really really beautiful, and all the love you put into it definitely shows!! hope that snow has melted for you!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know that this is just FABULOUS!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would just like to pop in here and say…thank each of you very, VERY much for your kind compliments. I read each and every comment and sometimes these words are more meaningful that you'd ever know! Happy Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card! Love all the razzle dazzle you added to make the flowers so charmingly whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't know how you do it, but your cards just get more and more amazing! I adore the way you dressed up those flowers and all the texture they add to the card. You know I love dimension and you did a great job adding it to this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much little miss sunshine!!

      Delete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!