2/15/14

Fun Folds Monthly Challenge [SS]


Hello everyone!
Today is the day that we being a new monthly challenge at SweetStamps.com!
The theme is 
and I actually had SO much FUN that I created two cards.
Now…I can't pat myself on the back too hard, these were really quite simple.
Here is all the information so you can use my style card if you like. 
Please take a moment to drop by and see the amazing creations by the DT at Sweet Stamps.com those gals are mega talented!
I love this sentiment and used it on both cards.  There is a button, crinkle ribbon, string, pearls, that lovely pin and a fun canvas leaf which I also stamped with the same stamp you see in the background of the sentiment piece.  LOVE the end result. 
Here is the close up of my Linnie Blooms canvas leaf from the Nature Shapes collection.  I shaded the edges and stamped the bouquet on the center with pea pod ink. I just lightly drew around the leaf with a sharpie so it is noticeable on top the design paper. 
I used a honey comb embossing plate to texturize the back…love my cards to be  decorated on the inside and the back as often as possible.
Here's the inside…again I used the Parisian Bouquet stamp and stamped it lightly so it can be written on and still look pretty. 
This is the beginning…this so simple. I found the directions on you tube, but for the life of me I cannot recall which designer.  There are tons of examples out there if you search "squash card" 
Real quick: I used 8.5" X 8.5" square.
Scored at 4.25"
Turned and scored again at 4.25"
Place the card diagonally on your board and score again directly down the center and viola, you're free to add as much or as little to this fun design. 

Whew!  Tired of me talking yet?!
Almost done…here is card #2
Same papers, ribbons and inks.  
Button closure with ribbon on front.
This is how it looks open, it stands up so nicely for display.
The directions for this piece are as follows:
5.5" X 12" piece of double sided paper.
Score at 2", 4", 8" & 10"
I made a tiny mark at 2.34" on both ends, the angled the piece to the second score mark and cut the angles then folded as shown.  You could add as much or little layers or elements to your own design. 
So…what do you say? FUN, huh?
I really appreciate you taking time to view my photo filled, lengthy post.  I don't usually do tutorial posts, but wanted everyone to see how easy and fun mixing things up can be.  

So…scoot yourself on over to SweetStamps.com and join the challenge this month.  
Have a happy day today!!
~Donna K 

SweetStamps.com Supply List:


Other than SweetStamps products:
Ribbon : 3GirlJAM
Jute String : Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions
Stick Pin : Pink Peacock
Canvas Leaf : Linnie Blooms Nature Shapes
Pearls, Rhinestones : Recollections
Buttons : Unknown

Challenges I'd like to join:
Just B Creative Crazy - February



11 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, fun! I have to try these! These are both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Donna!!! This is gorgeous!!
    What a super FUN card!!
    AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing those amazing cards and instructions Donna!! got to try this out!! Awesome job girl!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING my friend!!!!
    Fabulous Creation!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, these are both so amazing!! I love the folds!! You decorated them beautifully!! Super-duper fabulous!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of your cards. Great folds and wonderful choices of paper and sentiment. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so fun! I need to get back to different folds, I have gotten lazy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These cards are fantastic. Thanx for the info I am going to try and make it. Love your colour combinations.
    Sweet Hugs
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two outstanding cards- Love the awesome folds- I like that you embossed the back of the card- never thought of that : 0 Love the squash card- and thanks for all of the visuals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these fun folds! I've never seen a squash card...how cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two wonderful designs, love the colors. Awesome embellishments. Love the embossed honeycomb on the back.

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!