2/12/14

Snow Day Challenges


For those of you who know me on Facebook…you're heard me whining about our snow. 
We were hit with about 10" of snow where I live in Eastern, NC…that is a LOT for us.
But…it has given me some time to work on a few projects and challenges so I won't complain too loudly YET
I found some neat wood chips at the local Michael's and thought they would be great for sentiments on my cards/projects.  They are fairly thin and I'm quite pleased with how easily I could cut it to fit the sentiment.
I think it goes nicely with that strip of Natural Jute Ribbon from 3GirlJAM.
Sympathy cards are NOT my favorite, but sometimes necessary, unfortunately.  I hope this one brings some happiness to the recipient.  
I basically just white washed the die cut butterfly from Linnie Blooms.
Then stamped it with a very cool Damask background stamp from Paper Wings Productions.
Love how you can make these pieces to fit ANY project.
Linnie Blooms February Sketch Challenge
This is the sketch challenge photo from Linnie Blooms.
I just couldn't do another heart project as much as I love Valentine's Day…so I went with a butterfly.
It's an Anything Goes theme.
Paper Wings Productions / The Aviary 
Last link up I'm adding this card to is over at my friend Beckie's blog…you know it well if you read my posts because I'm crazy about the jute string that you find on many of my projects.  
Just Because Linky Party

Thanks for sharing my snow day with me today…I hope you'll take a minute to visit these blogs I mentioned above.  There are so many amazingly talented people out there to inspire you and encourage you to expand your creativity…
'til next time!
~Donna K

Supplies Not Listed Above:
Papers : StampinUp, PapertreyInk, DCWV
Inks : Tim Holtz, StampinUp, Craftsmart
Pearls : Recollections
Washi Tape : Unknown
Button : October Afternoon
Condolences Stamp : Market Street





5 comments:

  1. love how you stamped on the canvas piece!!! beautiful everytime!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous!! The stamping on the canvas looks amazing!! Sympathy cards are the hardest to make and you have done an amazing job!! This is beautiful!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just a lovely card. This sympathy card will at least bring a bright spot in a sad moment.
    10" is a lot of snow! Enjoy your snow days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Donna!! LOVE the stamping on the canvas!!!
    Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!