4/18/14

Imperfection is Beauty

Happy Friends with Flair Day!
I have two cards to share this week…
'cause I love this stamp set.
I received it last Saturday and couldn't wait to use it.  
I absolutely LOVE the sentiments in this set. 
I will admit the large size of the lotus flower intimidated me just a tad.
I heat embossed this one it on vellum paper. 
Then snipped a bit off the edge leaving a teeny bit of the petal to hang over.
I used colored pencil and a blender pen on the petals.
 My question for you who are familiar with vellum is what kind of adhesive 
do you use so that the adhesive doesn't show through on your paper?  
I couldn't get anything to hold, hence the brads…
Ok…card two.
Same floral, again, heat embossed, but with a different sentiment. 
I thought I would be able to use one of these for the
be Inspired challenge, but couldn't quite get there. 
Oh well, motivation to keep trying, right?
Ok, that's it for me.
Just wanted to end this post by saying 
how much fun I have with the Friends with Flair hops 
via Unity Stamp Company on Fridays.
Every single comment means a lot to me. You friends are some of the 
kindest, most inspiring chicks around and I just wanted to say thanks for
stopping by each week when I am able to play along!
Have a FAB weekend!
~Donna K

Supply List:
Papers : StampinUp, Georgia Pacific (unknown vellum)
VersaMark / Watermark 
Embossing Powder : StampinUp
Ribbons : 3 Girl JAM Sunflower, Ribbon Boutique
Brads & Bling : unknown..sorry 
Inks : Copic, StampinUp 



23 comments:

  1. Wowza! Love that Lotus! I think the brad idea worked great! I also have some special vellum adhesive stuff that isn't supposed to show, but actually does. I generally "hide the adhesive like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo i just love them both. the pink color pops so much off that vellum, it is so beautiful!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh these are stunning Donna. I like how you trimmed around one side of the flower. Very nice. I have used tape runners for vellum. MSC has one that says clear but you can still see it a little with vellum. I try hiding it with trims or ribbon. Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extremely GORGEOUS!! Both are STUNNING!!
    Happy Easter my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are beautiful. It's so hard to hide the adhesive you use for vellum, isn't it? I tend to steer away from it but I love the look of yours. Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, both of your cards are absolutely gorgeous!! I love how you've used that beautiful flower image!! I always have trouble with vellum...I just try to hide the adhesive...not matter what I use it always shows through!! I hope you have a happy and blessed Easter weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are lovely and really like how you've cut parts away to show off the flower. For vellum I buy adhesive specific for vellum. There are quite a few different ones. Dry tapes, invisi dots is another and Pergamano do a wet one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely card, and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work, love how you've showcased that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that yellow card :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful job with this bold flower - awesome!
    Hugs, JoyceAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this flower. So beautiful. The bold colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both gorgeous Donna! What a beautiful flower and I love how you made two different projects with the same stamp!
    Awesome job my friend! Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So flipping gorgeous! Always love your projects. I'm gettin kinda tired of tellin u that but it's true!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are beautiful and it's nice to see how you used the large lotus flower. Like you said, they can be overwhelming. Embossing really helps them stand out and 'pop'. Thank you for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how love the cutout on the second card for vellum I use frosted splits from CM or spray glue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saw this on FB.. just gorgeous! :)

    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards with this flower.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely! The vellum card is gorgeous, and the brads are great. I also have vellum tape that hides pretty well, though I have to work it in with my bone folder and still try to hide it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are very pretty cards! I love both of them! I haven't used vellum in a long time. You have inspired me to use some again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunningly gorgeous cards! Love that stamp - I have it, but could not possibly do it justice as you have! Beautiful designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love everything about these cards....Well done!

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!