4/1/14

Sweet Stamps Challenge 163 Dies

Happy Tuesday…Happy April 1st!
Our weekly challenge is up and running 
at Sweet Stamps. com and our theme is
DIES
I'm featuring an adorable Sweet Cuts die called Flower Trio on my card today.
I was shooting for a whimsical design...
I added lots of textures and layers.
I thought it would be fun to add some doodling on the flowers as well.
Once I had them placed on and colored in 
I used markers and crystal effects to give it some shine.
Just a piece of advice when using intricate dies.
If you place a piece of waxed paper between the 
die and your card stock it is MUCH easier to 
remove and separate the pieces after you cut. 
Sweet Stamps . Com Weekly Challenge Blog
Please drop by the SweetStamps.com weekly challenge blog to share your creation.
You could win a $20 shopping spree for goodies at SweetStamps.com's online store just by playing along in our challenge! 
Click here for our Challenge Rules.
For the current monthly challenge click HERE.
Thanks for peeking in on me today.
I hope your flowers are blooming!
~Donna K

Sweet Stamps Products Used in this Design:



Other than Sweet Stamps Products Used in this Design:
Inks : Sharpie Pen
Buttons & Brads : October Afternoon
Papers : StampinUp, Georgia Pacific
Ribbons : All My Memories
Embossing Folder : StampinUp

13 comments:

  1. What a sweet card, Donna!! Your flowers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the bright colors! I like the wax paper trick myself! Saves lots of time. Question for the SS die challenge: do projects cut with a die cut machine qualify? I've got one on my blog later today (9am Eastern)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you use a "die" you can enter, embossed dies are welcome too, Julie! Thanks for being such a bright star on my blog!

      Delete
  3. Super ADORABLE card Donna!!!! Love those flowers!
    thanks for the tip on the wax paper....didnt know that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Donna!! I love the beautiful flowers!! They look amazing!! What a fabulous card my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your whimsical card!!! I think you nailed the look perfectly!! The doodling inside the flower petals is brilliant!! Hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this card- love all of the texture- and the doodling inside of the flowers is so fun- gotta try that! Great combo of colors as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun design Donna.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous and fun card my friend!!! Awesome job!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! I LOVE how you have drawn in the petals of the flowers! These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome! Firstly, love the fun, bright cherry colors you used!! Great design! Love your altered title to say flowers! Great idea!! Love your doodling on the die cut flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always you always just deliver the best!!! Love the pen designs in the flowers!!! The colours is so love and bright and summery!!
    Sweet Hugs
    Denise
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful design, love the corrugated layers and the variety of colors you gave the flowers. Can't wait to see the flowers bloom this Spring.

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!