5/2/14

Be Yourself

I'm so happy to share a card with you that I created for 
my post on the 
Sometimes I create a card that I'm really pleased with..
this is one of them and I hope you like it as well.

I absolutely LOVE how the Linnie Blooms die cut pieces 

can be manipulated into just about any shape you want.
I turned a butterfly into a flower with just a few crinkles 
and folds.
Using some heidi swapp color shine I sprayed the butterfly canvas die cut.
After the spray dried I just used a colored pencil to shade 
the edges a bit, added a beautiful sentiment and there you have it.

Thanks for stopping by and allowing me to share my card today.  
Be sure to peek in on the Linnie Blooms blog to say hello.  
I'm also joining the crew over at 

'til next time…
~Donna K

Supplies not listed above include:
Papers from My Mind's Eye.
Ink from Memento and Tim Holtz.
Jute String from Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions.
Stamp: Imperfection is Beauty from Unity Stamp Company
and a cutesy fabric covered button from Pinque Peacock.



21 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous, Donna!! The flower looks amazing!! I love the distressing and the awesome way you did the sentiment!! This is just fabulous my friend!! Love, love it!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever, my friend! I love the butterfly/flower, and the sentiment is fantastic (as is the whole card)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! That flower is so pretty, never would have known it was originally a butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. Love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the canvas flower... so creative using the butterfly shape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely Donna - great idea with the flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card is amazing! I love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! LOVE the flower, it's outrageously clever and pretty! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative flower, Donna. I love ur card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty Donna!!! What a GREAT card and I just LOVE all the texture!!
    FAB job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sweet card make me SMILE big time Donna K! Can't wait to get back down there and make more fun with you and Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty!!!! I really like how you made the flower and stems. So crafty and clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your dimensional flower. its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the texture Donna! So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, I told you on FB but this is so amazing, I LOVE the textures and soft colors

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome design! I LOVE the flower! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!