5/17/14

dryer sheet flowers

Today begins a fun new monthly technique challenge on the Sweet Stamps blog.
The theme is 
DRYER SHEET FLOWER
Can you see my attempt at this challenge?
I simply took a dryer sheet, smoothed it out and cut several die cut circles.
I crinkled and roughed up the edges and layered the circles 
to form these simple flowers.
I used a combination of dryer sheet, crochet flower and paper to 
achieve the layered look of my lilac beauties.
Thanks to my darling mom for creating these sweet crochet flowers for me.
I used a new Cheery Lynn Designs die called Arrows for the flower stems and added
Lemon Lime crinkle ribbon as the leaves. 
This card wouldn't be complete without a sweet sentiment inside.
Have a Beautiful Day is one of my GO TO sentiments from Sweet Stamps.  f
I LOVE this simple statement.  
Thanks for coming by today…and don't forget along with the monthly
challenge is your chance to join our weekly challenge.  

Please drop by the SweetStamps.com weekly challenge blog to share your creation.
You could win a $20 shopping spree for goodies at SweetStamps.com's online store just by playing along in our challenge! 
Click here for the Challenge Rules.
For the current monthly challenge click HERE.
Thank you for taking time out to stop by and say hello!
'til  next time
~Donna K

Sweet Stamps products:

Other than Sweet Stamps products used on this design:
Embossing folder : Sizzix
Crinkle Ribbon : 3 Girl JAM
Flower Centers : Paper Studio
Grass Paper : StampinUp



21 comments:

  1. How cool to use dryer sheets. I don't have any at the moment to try, but I sure will remember when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY!!!!!! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers look amazing!! I love the dryer sheets!! And the arrows for stems - so creative!! Love this!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa. This was a first time challenge for me. Very fun.

      Delete
  4. These are gorgeous flowers Donna! Such a GREAT card!!!
    AWESOME job!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I appreciate your visit and sweet comment so much.

      Delete
  5. Awesome technique! Creative & FABULOUS!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are so pretty! Maybe I will have to try this challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you join us Lucy…it was my first time trying this one. Very fun.

      Delete
  7. Awesome card- love your creativity! Love the arrows as stems of the flowers- and love the combo of dryer sheets and felt and crochet flowers. Your colors are fab too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shelly…your compliments mean so much!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen! Please join us if you have time, it was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  9. Wow Donna, I love your flowers! I love how you combined all the different textures! Fantastic!
    Sweet Crafty Hugs
    Denise
    http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise! Your florals were quite fabulous for this challenge!!

      Delete
  10. Wow Donna, I love your flowers! I love how you combined all the different textures! Fantastic!
    Sweet Crafty Hugs
    Denise
    http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous design, love the purple and green colors, the tattered edges and grass. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! How cute is this?! You knocked this one out of the park, great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!