5/15/14

water color wonderful

Morning!
Just a quick blurb today...
I am in love with this stamp set.
It's a Phyliss Harris set from Unity Stamp Company.
It's called Depth of Life.
I'm brand new to water color paints.
My daughter (the art major) spent some time 
teaching me a few techniques yesterday.
We had a great time and after a few mess ups...
I'm happy with this piece.

I borrowed Swarup's style and used Copic Pens 
 on the mermaid in combination with the water colors
for the background. 
You should check out her work...amazing!!

Cool thing is...the paints were a gift.
Heather at Houses Built of Cards was a major influence on 
my desire to learn water colors during her GIU week at Unity.
The story of her blog name is pretty awesome too. 
Thanks Heather H!

Heading to the beach with my youngest.
Hope your day is beautiful!
~Donna K



8 comments:

  1. Your card is very pretty! You are learning very quickly! I signed up for the Water Color class a few days ago ( http://www.onlinecardclasses.com ). I will be behind, but I'm not worried about that. I have wanted to learn to water color for years, even before this craze lately. You should take a look at the class if interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO mega jelly about awesome your watercoloring has come out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Donna !!! I love the watercolor, the design, the sentiment, image , the whole card ,lol !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning! How lucky are you to have given birth to a fabulous artist who can show you cool things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The image of the mermaid is BEAUTIFUL!
    A Gorgeous card my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous card! love the watercolor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love this!! The mermaid is so sweet!! I love the background!! It looks amazing!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Donna!! Love her! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

I read each kind comment with a happy heart that you took time out to read my blog. Thank you for taking time to let me know you were here!